Based on the "Indefinite" extension of the statewide stay-at-home order, almost certain to extend through the weekend of January 16, we are taking several actions.
1. The races set for January 16 and 17 are postponed. New dates will be announced.
2. On Saturday, January 16, there will be a "Single Household Pursuit Rally". All entrants in our Midwinter Regatta are invited to participate in a 10-mile bay tour regatta. This is strictly limited to boats crewed by members of a single household (per USCG requirement). A revised NOR and SI reflecting this will be issued shortly. Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Race Committee and will be as fair and humorous as they can muster in these difficult times.
The event will start and finish off the CYC main deck.
--- regular race note:
2021 comes roaring back! CYC's popular midwinter regatta returns to San Francisco Bay. Two great weekends of Racing, January 16-17 and February 20-21. As always, daily prizes, tricky currents, challenging courses and more!
Fleets will be defined based on entry registration and may include Multihull, PHRF, J/105, AE28, J/24, J/70, J/88, Non-Spinnaker, One Design Short-handed and Sportboat. A fleet with five or fewer boats may be merged with another fleet. Final fleet assignments will be set out in the sailing instructions
• BAMA and PHRF fleets will be grouped primarily based on their relevant assigned rating.
• One Design fleets of five or more entries may have separate scoring while racing with an PHRF division and are defined for their respective classes and are subject to their respective One Design fleet rules. One Design fleets of seven or more entries will have a separate start.
• Non-Spinnaker Fleet is for boats rated with spinnakers but racing without them, and specified other boats, if accepted by the Race Committee.
IOD’s, Wyliecats and other cat boats shall race in the Spinnaker division. AE28s shall race in the AE28 division. All boats in the Non-Spinnaker divisions are subject to ratings modification by the Race Committees discretion. Knarrs registered in a NonSpinnaker fleet will have their rating adjusted